Well, to follow up with some actual kid-related stuff. Lee brought home fireworks on New Years Day, and we fired them in the back part of our driveway. We invited over our neighbors, who have kids around our kids' ages. Only lasted about 30 minutes---but was alot of fun, and was a much-needed break from the indoors.
The kids LOVED it...

Though, I think the "big boys" had just as much fun as the kids...


And, it should also be said, that you should not leave trucks nearby for parts of the firecracker to fly into or under. There should not be a scene like this one where you are having to search your car/truck for things burning.

In "101 in 1001" news,
--I accomplished my goal of selling 20 books to 2nd and Charles (a second-hand bookstore in town). I received, in cash, a whopping $12--not even enough for our family of 4 to eat at McDonalds. In short, while the actual selling process was smooth--and 2nd and Charles really runs an efficient process--next time I will take the tax donation and just give them to charity.
--I did another of my "Projects for Later". We are trying the "Uh-Oh Jar" for Reese. It is a basic jar with different "negative consequences" for when her behavior warrants. Some of the items are "No iphone for 1 week" or "Sweep the kitchen floor" or "Go to bed directly after bath". She hasn't gotten into trouble since we instituted it--so we will see how it goes.

The kids LOVED it...
Though, I think the "big boys" had just as much fun as the kids...
And, the little boys, ended up doing what little boys do:
And, it should also be said, that you should not leave trucks nearby for parts of the firecracker to fly into or under. There should not be a scene like this one where you are having to search your car/truck for things burning.
In "101 in 1001" news,
--I accomplished my goal of selling 20 books to 2nd and Charles (a second-hand bookstore in town). I received, in cash, a whopping $12--not even enough for our family of 4 to eat at McDonalds. In short, while the actual selling process was smooth--and 2nd and Charles really runs an efficient process--next time I will take the tax donation and just give them to charity.
--I did another of my "Projects for Later". We are trying the "Uh-Oh Jar" for Reese. It is a basic jar with different "negative consequences" for when her behavior warrants. Some of the items are "No iphone for 1 week" or "Sweep the kitchen floor" or "Go to bed directly after bath". She hasn't gotten into trouble since we instituted it--so we will see how it goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment