Saturday, August 9, 2008

A morning with my boy!

My sweet, dear mother and father let Reese spend the night at their house last night----so, that meant I got a whole morning with just me and John!!!! I do believe that it is the first time since my maternity leave that I have had this treat. So, we got up (John slept in until 6:30a just as a treat to me!) and hit a few garage sales. Then, we went to the Botanical Gardens b/c I was determined to get a few cute shots of him while it was just the 2 of us. Well, what I learned was that when you have no one there with you to entertain, get the attention of, and--oh yea---keep them from eating rocks or falling down steps....its kinda hard to get good pics of a 10 month old little boy. I started honestly wondering if John knew what his name is, because he sure as heck wasn't responding to it. : ) So, therefore, most of my pics ended up looking like this...






But, I did get a few shots and we really did have a good time. I truly love, love, love my sweet little John. After an hour, he was cranky and I was sweaty, so we headed home. All I have to say is that I'll keep trying, but in the meantime, thank God for my talented, sweet friend Heather Swanner who takes the really great pics of my kids.

Well, off to change John's now dirty and wet (from the dew on the grass) clothes---then to lunch with my real photographer friend, Heather---then to pick up Reese.

What a treat today has been! Thank you so much, Mama and Daddy!

Here a my favs from today. The rest are in the slideshow.



3 comments:

Best known these days as Mimi said...

How good is our God! Seems as if the grace with which He blessed our night and morning with Resse overflowed to your time with John. Focused on a special weekend, what I had in mind was matchless to His answer to my prayers. Dutch and I took her to breakfast at Brody's, a treat in itself. They have potted silk flowers lining entrance window. She perceived them to be their very own flower garden. fyi...she liked sharing Dutch's waffle and sausage while Mimi savored their grits. We popped in Smith's variety for a quick imaginery cooking seminar which she was teaching; then on to the zoo for the best trip yet. Dutch suggested she feed the turtles, the fish, and the geese. Two adults were strolling through the children's zoo with a Python, turtle, baby alligator, and owl...none of which intimidated her. Neither did the ride on the camel. The young man who guided her along, patient and smiling, made note of her inquisitive love of questions. Contented after a ride on the Carousal and though a little disappointed that the bubble machine was closed, we made our way back hme. Thank you Jesus for yet another precious answer to prayer.

Anonymous said...

He looks JUST like Reese in that second pic! What a cutie!

The Love's said...

the first pic is hilarious! I rarely get a good picture of Mallory! I guess they need to be at least 2 yrs old to keep them still! He is so precious.