After I posted that I haven't taken pics of the kids lately---I remembered last night about Reese's and my fun girls day a couple of Saturdays ago. We sent Lee and John to Uncle Johnny's in Troy---and Reese and I spent the whole day together. It was a blast. We first went to Sweet & Sassy, a salon for little girls. Reese got her hair cut, complete with glitter hairspray and a purple glitter star on her cheek. Then, she got her fingernails and toenails painted. She has seen my pedicure all summer and really has been wanting to have her nails done---so I thought it would be a fun thing to do. She LOVED this place. Too expensive to do all the time---but we will definately be back.
Then, that afternoon, we went to the play Beauty & the Beast at the Virginia Samford Theatre. It was great. Small theatre. We had seats close up, so Reese didn't get distracted too much by others and really focused on the play. She LOVED clapping at the end of each song. She really enjoyed the singing and dancing. She looked up at me several times and said "This is fun, Mommy." It was long---2p to 5p. But, I thought she did great for a 3 year-old. I saw some mommies filling up sippy cups with Coke during intermission : )---but luckily, I got away with just 1 rose-shaped lollipop. I am so glad we live in a town where I can expose her to different things.
Of course, no true girls day is complete without a trip to Target. After supper, Lee and John stayed at home to watch some hunting shows and Reese and I went to Target to get school supplies and school uniforms for a charity drive at church. I was able to explain to her (though I am still not sure she was listening) about why we do things for others. Hopefully, one day, that message will sink in.
At the end of the day, I was putting Reese to bed and she looked up at me. In her sweetest 3 year old voice, she said, "Thank you for my girls day, Mommy." Delight.
Then, that afternoon, we went to the play Beauty & the Beast at the Virginia Samford Theatre. It was great. Small theatre. We had seats close up, so Reese didn't get distracted too much by others and really focused on the play. She LOVED clapping at the end of each song. She really enjoyed the singing and dancing. She looked up at me several times and said "This is fun, Mommy." It was long---2p to 5p. But, I thought she did great for a 3 year-old. I saw some mommies filling up sippy cups with Coke during intermission : )---but luckily, I got away with just 1 rose-shaped lollipop. I am so glad we live in a town where I can expose her to different things.
Of course, no true girls day is complete without a trip to Target. After supper, Lee and John stayed at home to watch some hunting shows and Reese and I went to Target to get school supplies and school uniforms for a charity drive at church. I was able to explain to her (though I am still not sure she was listening) about why we do things for others. Hopefully, one day, that message will sink in.
At the end of the day, I was putting Reese to bed and she looked up at me. In her sweetest 3 year old voice, she said, "Thank you for my girls day, Mommy." Delight.

No comments:
Post a Comment