Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tunnel Memories

Ok--this post may just be for MG and me.

MG--we got the tunnel out last night. I have such fond memories of you and I as little girls playing for what seemed like hours in our tunnel. I still remember finding it under Mama and Daddy's bed before Christmas. I think that it is the toy that started my annual quest to find my Christmas presents before Christmas day. (For those of you who just gasped in horror that I would do such a thing---calm down. It was just as much a surprise finding out what I was getting for Christmas when I found it on December 19 as it would have been on December 25. It was so much fun being a little "Nancy Drew" and solving the mystery of what I was getting. And, on top of that, another part of the fun was the acting job on 12/25 as if I had no earthly idea that I was getting it. : ) Of course, that is before Mama caught onto me and started writing out her Christmas list in short-hand. Darn those secretarial skills!)
Back to the tunnel...

Reese loves it.




John--not so much. Of course, it could have been that his sister kept forcing him in there and pulling him in every direction. A couple of times, she even coaxed him in there and then picked up one end so that he had to stay in there and couldn't crawl out. Poor little thing. He was so mad! Finally, at the end of the night, he crawled up to me and gave me this face...




As if to say..."Mommy, help a brother out---she's killin' me!"
So, at that point, I scooped John up, gave him a big hug and kiss, and put him in his highchair in the other room with a bottle and turned on his "shows". Sometimes, a boy just needs to kick back with a drink and the TV, and be left alone. : )
We'll work on the love of the tunnel when Reese isn't around.

1 comment:

Mary Grace said...

"A couple of times, she even coaxed him in there and then picked up one end so that he had to stay in there and couldn't crawl out."

OKAY - SO SOMETHING YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO ME!

So glad she has a tunnel! However, I am a little partial to the raggedy Winnie-the-Pooh one that we had. Sarah would love this post!